Gas Safe Registered
Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI. The Gas Safe Register makes sure the engineers on the Register are safe by inspecting the gas work they have carried out. At East Yorkshire Services we adhere to the requirements of the Gas Safe Register - Our registration number is 220015.
To check Gas Safe registration details visit www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Protect yourself from the dangers by following these simple steps:
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your appliance
- Get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm
- Check for warning signs such as lazy yellow flames or black marks or stains around the appliance.
- Know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
Carbon monoxide alarms, gas appliance servicing and safety checks are all available from East Yorkshire Gas Services - Please don’t keep putting it off, contact us today!